Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Leftovers that don't remind you of leftovers. An easy way to have a healthy, lower calorie meal after all the Holiday's are finished. 4 points
- 6 cups green cabbage, cut into large pieces
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, wedged
- 3 potatoes, sliced
- 12 ounces cooked ham, cut (leftovers)
- 4 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, including juice
- Layer cabbage, carrots, onions, potatoes and ham pieces in crock pot. (add ham bone if you have one, remove it before serving).
- Add chicken broth and pineapple.
- Cook for about 4 hours on high or until potatoes are done.
- This goes great with french bread.
A big hit at Xmas this year. I too added some onion powder. Cooking time can be a ot less, depending on your mushiness tolerance, but a long, low simmering works well.
Beyond yummy! This makes a wonderful hearty, filling stew-like meal. It's pretty low in fat and healthy and tastes great, too. The crushed pineapple sort of disintegrates and just leaves behind a lightly sweet taste. I did add some salt, pepper and garlic powder, just because my broth was a little bland. This will be made again for sure. Especially this winter! Thanx!!!