Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are very buttery tasting cookies and fun to decorate.
- 6 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 pint of whole cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind (optional)
- add a additional little bit cream, if needed (optional)
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and butter- need like pie dough. Make a hole in center of dough so that the middle of the bottom of the bowl shows through.
- Add egg yolks, sugar, cream, lemon juice and rind.
- Knead till blended.
- Divide dough into 4 balls and place in fridge and chill for a few hours (I usually chill overnight).
- Roll out dough and use cookie cutters.
- Bake at 325°F for about 15 minutes.
These are so yummy & the dough lasted a long time in the fridge....I couldn't make them for a week later, but they turned out beautifully and soooo good! Was very surprised that these cookies didn't spread a lot when baked so you can fit many on a sheet at one time. Excellend recipe!!! Thanks!