Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are very buttery tasting cookies and fun to decorate.
Make and share this Christmas Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and butter- need like pie dough. Make a hole in center of dough so that the middle of the bottom of the bowl shows through.
- Add egg yolks, sugar, cream, lemon juice and rind.
- Knead till blended.
- Divide dough into 4 balls and place in fridge and chill for a few hours (I usually chill overnight).
- Roll out dough and use cookie cutters.
- Bake at 325°F for about 15 minutes.
These are so yummy & the dough lasted a long time in the fridge....I couldn't make them for a week later, but they turned out beautifully and soooo good! Was very surprised that these cookies didn't spread a lot when baked so you can fit many on a sheet at one time. Excellend recipe!!! Thanks!