Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very special way to prepare scrambled cggs. I make these for brunches and Christmas morning. They are so simple, I've even thrown them together for a delicious quick dinner--Yum!
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, pinch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon green onion top, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Beat together the eggs, green onion tops, milk, salt and pepper.
- In a large, lightly oiled skillet, heat the butter to sizzling. Pour in the egg mixture.
- When the eggs just begin to set on the bottom, run a spatula underneath, allowing the uncooked egg flow to the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle in the cream cheese pieces.
- Continue cooking in the standard manner for scrambled eggs.
- When the eggs are set, the cheese will be melted.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley.
I actually made these eggs for Christmas breakfast and we thought they were sensational. The cream cheese makes them wonderfully rich and creamy.
A lovely way to start Christmas morning, or any morning, for that matter. I made this exactly as posted, and found that the cream cheese really added the perfect touch. Will definitely be making these again! Thanks for sharing.