Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Much to my surprise and delight, my family has decided to try and have something different for Christmas. When I asked my brother what to make instead of the traditional ham, he suggested brisket, a cut of meat I'd never cooked before. (I was thinking roast beef, but when you get the ball, you have to run with it.) After reading lots of recipes and boggled by the options, I decided to blend them into this recipe. Made in a Crock Pot, it doesn't get any easier and the results are melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- 1360.77-1814.36 g beef brisket
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml cajun seasoning
- 4.92 ml liquid smoke
- 118.29 ml onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml chili sauce
- 59.14 ml A.1. Original Sauce
- 9.85 ml liquid smoke
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 9.85 ml cajun spices
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Mix dry spices together and rub over the lean side of the brisket. Sprinkle liquid smoke over the spices. Tightly wrap the meat in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning place the brisket in the slow cooker fat side to the bottom. Mix all sauce ingredients together and pour over meat. Cook on high for 6 hours. Once cooked, remove the meat to cutting board. to rest before cutting.
- Take pan juices from the slow cooker and place in a sauce pan. Cook for 10 minutes at a low bubble until reduced by 1/3 to 1/2. Serve sauce with sliced brisket.
I made this for Christmas dinner and it was delish! I did have to cook it much longer in the crockpot because it was a super thick brisket so take that into account!
We made this for our Christmas dinner this year, and it was wonderful! I loved all of the spices, and it was perfect with dad's BBQ sauce! Made even better sandwiches for leftovers!! Thanks so much for making our Christmas dinner a little different!
This was so goooood! Tastes great and easy, what a wonderful combination.