Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Submitted by: M.K. Meredith at allrecipes.com.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Crumble sausage into a medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown; drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs and milk.
- Add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cover, and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover, and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.
This was good. We liked it.
we have this every Christmas morning in my family too, and it's great every time!
I made this for Christmas today. For only having 4 eggs, this was great! I would decrease the cooktime a bit next time but other than that, a great breakfast casserole. Thanks!