Recipe by vonvoncake
This is the traditional breakfast on Christmas morning in all of the various Anderson households. I believe my Uncle Sterling von Franck created it. Adjust the proportions to your crowd. We like more cranberry in our house and we also use vegetarian sausage.
Top Review by Peggy loves Dessert
I changed a lot of stuff, used ham rather than sausage, substituted pumpkin puree for 1 can of cranberry. it was gross. since I changed so much, I"m not rating it. It might be good if I had actually followed the recipe. did I mention it was GROSS with my changes? oh, and in addition to the ham, I took some tofu, fried it with normal sausage spices in an effort to make fake sausage. yeah, it was horrible. not your fault though. all mine!!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix (or your favorite corn bread recipe)
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) packages link sausage
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausages according to package directions and cover the bottom of an 8x8" glass baking dish with the cooked sausage.
- Empty the cranberry sauce into a bowl and break up until spreadable and cover the sausage with the cranberry sauce.
- Mix the corn bread according to the directions and pour over the sausage and cranberries.
- Bake at an over temperature 25 degrees LOWER than the corn bread directions and bake for approximately 10 minutes longer than the directions, or until completely cooked through.
- It will be a little wet where it meets the cranberry sauce, but the rest of the corn bread should be done. Don't worry if it cracks slightly on the top.
- Serve plain or with warm maple syrup.