This is the traditional breakfast on Christmas morning in all of the various Anderson households. I believe my Uncle Sterling von Franck created it. Adjust the proportions to your crowd. We like more cranberry in our house and we also use vegetarian sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausages according to package directions and cover the bottom of an 8x8" glass baking dish with the cooked sausage.
- 2Empty the cranberry sauce into a bowl and break up until spreadable and cover the sausage with the cranberry sauce.
- 3Mix the corn bread according to the directions and pour over the sausage and cranberries.
- 4Bake at an over temperature 25 degrees LOWER than the corn bread directions and bake for approximately 10 minutes longer than the directions, or until completely cooked through.
- 5It will be a little wet where it meets the cranberry sauce, but the rest of the corn bread should be done. Don't worry if it cracks slightly on the top.
- 6Serve plain or with warm maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 664.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 49.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g