Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds so delicious for Christmas brunch! I'm definetly going to be making this one!
- 453.59 g bulk Italian sausage
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 198.44 g jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, divided
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 236.59 ml flour
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 8 eggs
- 473.18 ml milk
- 236.59 ml shredded provolone cheese
- In skillet; cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to greased 3 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the red peppers and all of the spinach.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, Parmesan, basil and salt.
- Combine eggs and milk; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour over spinach.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with provolone cheese and remaining red peppers. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Made the recipe exactly as listed and everyone LOVED it. A new family tradition for sure.
We loved this casserole!! Made exactly as written and it couldn't be better!!! Thank You!!