Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sounds so delicious for Christmas brunch! I'm definetly going to be making this one!
Make and share this Christmas Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- In skillet; cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to greased 3 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the red peppers and all of the spinach.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, Parmesan, basil and salt.
- Combine eggs and milk; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour over spinach.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with provolone cheese and remaining red peppers. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.