I like to make this on Christmas morning or any morning! Prep time does not include chilling overnight.
- In greased 11-inch by 7-inch by 2-inch baking dish, combine the bread cubes and cheese.
- In large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread and cheese.
- Top with bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.