Recipe by Golden Honey Dog
Cheesy egg dish that is traditional Christmas morning fare (or any other occasion that calls for it!) in my family.
Top Review by pammyowl
This was good, but I won't do the bacon on top again. It would be much better cooked first, then crumbled into the mixture. Or maybe broiling it for a minute or two at the end. Thanks for posting! Made for I RECOMMEND 2012
- 7 slices white bread, crust removed and slices cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix bread cubes and cheese, spread well into bottom of well greased 13x9x2 pan.
- Combines eggs and milk, beat well.
- Stir in salt, pepper and mustard.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and cheese in pan.
- Top with bacon slices.
- Chill, covered overnight.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes.