Cheesy egg dish that is traditional Christmas morning fare (or any other occasion that calls for it!) in my family.
- Mix bread cubes and cheese, spread well into bottom of well greased 13x9x2 pan.
- Combines eggs and milk, beat well.
- Stir in salt, pepper and mustard.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and cheese in pan.
- Top with bacon slices.
- Chill, covered overnight.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes.
This was good, but I won't do the bacon on top again. It would be much better cooked first, then crumbled into the mixture. Or maybe broiling it for a minute or two at the end. Thanks for posting! Made for I RECOMMEND 2012
Somewhat like a strata casserole or crustless quiche, this one is light in texture and the bacon strips on top gave it a decorative effect and rich bacon flavor. I added sausage to this because we love sausage. Made for Pick A Chef Sept. 2008.