Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful and colourful festive dessert for the holiday cookie platter that only gets better over time, so you may make well in advance --- these are *very* good!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup green glazed cherries, halved
- 3⁄4 cup candied red cherries, halved
- 1⁄2 cup candied pineapple, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dates, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts (any kind you desire)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan or microwave, melt butter, pour into a 15" x 10" baking pan.
- Sprinkle with Vanilla wafer crumbs evenly on top.
- Arrange fruits and nuts evenly on top of the crumb mixture; press down gently.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk with the Bourbon; pour evenly over top of fruit/nut mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Cut in squares.
used 1 cup dates cut into a small amount of flour so they wont stick didnt used boubon very good used fruit cake mix
These are great! easy too, used fruit cake mix (which has the cherries & pineapple together) and used dates also. But you have to like fruitcake (which not everyone is a fan of). But I made these small bite sized and the flavor improves with time!