1 hr 10 mins
I have always loved biscotti and thought I would be adventurous and try my hand at it. And this is what came of it. I call it x-mas biscotti because of the pistachios and cherries; but it is delicious anytime of year!! Feel free to experiment with other fruits and nuts. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml grated orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml pistachios, finely ground
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml sweetened dried cherries or 177.44 ml cranberries
- 118.29 ml pistachios
- 158.51 ml white vanilla baking chips, melted (optional)
- 1heat oven to 325. line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- 2in large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- 3add orange peel and eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- 4on low speed, beat in flour, ground nuts, baking powder, and salt.
- 5stir in berries and nuts.
- 6divide dough in half. on 1 side of cookie sheet, shape half of dough into 10 inch log. repeat with remaining dough on same cookie sheet.
- 7bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8cool 25 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cutting board.
- 9cut logs crosswise into 1/2 inch slices; discard ends. place slices, cut side down, on cookie sheet.
- 10bake about 18 minutes longer, turning once, until biscotti are crisp and light brown.
- 11immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 12drizzle with melted baking chips; let stand until set before storing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1092 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 105.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: