1/3 Photos of Christmas Biscotti
1 hr 10 mins
Mary in NJ's Note:
A colorful red and green dotted biscotti.. I love it and I don't really like biscotti. My mother said to make her this if nothing else for Christmas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour a baking sheet.
- 3In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and orange zest until blended.
- 5In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cloves and salt.
- 6Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until blended.
- 7Stir in cranberries and pistachios.
- 8Divide the dough in half.
- 9One at a time, place the 2 dough portions on the prepared baking sheet and form each into a log about 1/2 inch high, 1 1/2 inches wide and 14 inches long.
- 10Space logs at least 2 inches apart.
- 11Bake the logs for 25-30 minutes or until set and light brown.
- 12Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 6-8 minutes.
- 13Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- 14Using a very sharp knife, cut the logs in the diagonal into slices 3/8 inch thick.
- 15Stand the slices upright on the baking sheet and return the sheet to the oven for 15 minutes to dry the cookies thoroughly.
- 16Transfer to racks to cool.
- 17Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 26.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g