Recipe by djmastermum
My over used recipe book is not going to last forever, so I am copying this wonderful recipe here. A great addition to any festive table, the fruit is so refreshing after a big meal.
Top Review by katew
Its not Xmas but I halved this and made a treat for DD and myself. I used up some frozen sponge cake instead of sponge fingers and my berries were just strawberries but any berry is great with cointreau ! I loved this !
- 1 3⁄4 cups thickened cream (430ml)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 150 g blueberries
- 250 g raspberries
- 250 g strawberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 250 g savoiardi ladyfingers
Directions See How It's Made
- eatcream, sugar and orange rind in a small bowl with elecric beaters until soft peaks form.
- Fold in mascarpone and 2 teaspoons of Cointreau.
- Combine berries with another 2 teaspoons of Cointreau.
- Combine Cointreau and juice in another bowl.
- Dip sponge fingers in liquid one at a time and arrange 1/2 on the bottom of 8 cup serving bowl.
- Top with 1/2 cream mixture and 1/2 berriy mixture.
- Repeat finishingwith the berries.
- I use any berries that take my fancy, like frozen three berry combo, but always use fresh strawberries :-).