This is one of my favorite banana breads. I love bananas, but the ones available in the US are not as tasty as the Brazilians, so banana bread is my way of enjoying this fruit. I am not criticizing, it is just that bananas grow all over Brazil, from North to South, so it is just obvious we have better ones there! ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry, cut in half (or dried apricots, cranberries, pineapple, etc.)
- 1Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually addo to creamed butter.
- 4MIx in bananas; fold in walnuts, chocolate and cherries.
- 5Pour into greased 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan. Bake at 350 F for 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- 6Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.8
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 376.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: