Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Exceptionally moist and not too “cakey”, this is lightly spiced with Indian spices – cinnamon, mace and ground ginger. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and candied walnuts. Number of servings is an estimate - makes 1 loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Butter and flour one 8 ½ x 4 ½” loaf pan.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined. Beat in the bananas.
- Combine the flour, spices, salt and baking soda in another bowl, then fold in the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture just until combined; do not over mix.
- Pour into the pan and bake until a tester stuck in the middle of the banana bread comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack before removing from the pan.
Yummy Yummy! My family loved this banana bread. I didn't have mace so I substituted cardamon 1/4 tsp and upped the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp and ginger to 1/4 tsp just to make it spicier but the texture was great and moist so I would not change anything else. You can also really taste the sweet butter used in this recipe. Thanks!!