Recipe by internetnut
I came up with this recipe by combinding several stuffed pepper soups. When I made this I was craving stuffed peppers but could only eat soup. My future hubby ate this right up and said it tasted better then stuffed peppers.
Top Review by Tonda
This was very good! Very simple yet delicious! The only changes I made were that I used a 28oz crushed tomatoes and 15 oz can tomato sauce (that was the size of cans that I had of each) and microwaved a steamfresh bag of rice and added it at the end. Also added some red pepper flakes for a little bite!
- 2-2 large green peppers, chopped bite size (largest you can find)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 793.78 g tomato sauce
- 425.24 g crushed tomatoes
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 473.18 ml water (or more)
- 473.18-591.47 ml cooked MINUTE rice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute green peppers in butter until tender. Add the onion and saute until tender. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, beef broth and water. Simmer until the peppers and onions are cooked done.
- Add the rice, stir till combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic, onion powders, and the italian seasoning.
- Note: You may need to add more seasoning or water.