Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe by combinding several stuffed pepper soups. When I made this I was craving stuffed peppers but could only eat soup. My future hubby ate this right up and said it tasted better then stuffed peppers.
- 1 1⁄2-2 large green peppers, chopped bite size (largest you can find)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water (or more)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups cooked MINUTE rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Saute green peppers in butter until tender. Add the onion and saute until tender. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, beef broth and water. Simmer until the peppers and onions are cooked done.
- Add the rice, stir till combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic, onion powders, and the italian seasoning.
- Note: You may need to add more seasoning or water.
This was very good! Very simple yet delicious! The only changes I made were that I used a 28oz crushed tomatoes and 15 oz can tomato sauce (that was the size of cans that I had of each) and microwaved a steamfresh bag of rice and added it at the end. Also added some red pepper flakes for a little bite!
This soup was delicious. I made it as posted. The only change I made was to add a little
brown sugar, as one poster suggested.
Added some Montreal seasoning and 2 tbs brown sugar. Used red peppers, diced tomatoes instead of crushed and kept rice on the side and added on top when served. Very nice recipe thanks for sharing.