Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyone can have their own sloppy joe recipe since it's such a fun and easy food to play around with. You can add chopped bell pepper, celery, onion, and add more or less of an ingredient to suit your taste. Just play around with it!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried onion, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Add rest of ingredients to beef and stir until all beef is coated and everything is combined.
- Let simmer until reduced and thicker. Serve on buns!
It was my first time eating a sloppy joes and I really liked it. It has the taste of a burger because of the ketchup and mustard. Next time, I'll probably omit the vinegar. I omitted dried onions cause I didn't find them LOL Thanks Christineyy :) Made for Market tag.
Very good. I had to omit the onion due to an alergy in the family, but we never have onions (except in a restaurant when I order french onion soup every time. I'm not supposed have salt but put it in anyway. I think I would omit it next time. It could just have been that I am not used to having salt. Leanne