Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A recipe from one of my cyber-buddies on my cyber playgroup. Not only are they a great bunch of women - they can also cook!
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary (or 2 Tbs dried)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- 1⁄2-1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 medium onions, peeled, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- olive oil flavored cooking spray or olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) box phyllo dough
- 8 roasted red peppers, patted dry and cut into long, thick strips
- 1 (14 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted and cut into slivers
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor puree together spinach, rosemary, onion, garlic, feta, milk, salt and pepper until smooth.
- If mixture is too dry to puree, add a bit more milk for correct consistency.
- Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, swirl 1 tsp olive oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Add wine and heat to a simmer.
- Sauté zucchini for 5 minutes, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Line a jelly roll pan or large deep dish pizza pan with foil, leaving ends of foil sticking up beyond edge of pan.
- Spray foil with olive oil spray or brush with oil.
- To form tart crust, lay down 1 sheet of phyllo and brush lightly or spray with olive oil.
- Crinkle down edges of phyllo that extend beyond pan.
- Lay down sheets of phyllo, spraying each with oil and crinkling down edges, until pan is covered and you've used all the phyllo.
- Smooth spinach puree mixture over phyllo crust.
- Arrange sautéed zucchini, onions, mushrooms, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes over spinach mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- If edges of crusts are browning too quickly, reduce oven temp to 325°F and bake 5 minutes longer.
- If crust is just beginning to turn golden, leave oven temperature at 375°F and bake 5 minutes more or until phyllo is golden and crisp and vegetables are warmed.
- Sprinkle tart with fresh basil and toasted pine nuts.
- Serve immediately.
sorry but this was disgusting. I cooked for over 40 mins and it was all soggy and sloppy. would NEVER cook this again