Recipe by HeatherFeather
A former neighbor of mine brought this cake over as a holiday gift one year and graciously shared the recipe. She said this is the recipe she makes every year for the holidays. Christine said this freezes well.
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry light rum
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 ounces dry light rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle nuts on the bottom of a greased Bundt pan.
- Mix together cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, and rum.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour at 325 F (preheated).
- Let cool.
- For the sauce, boil butter, sugar, water,and rum together in a saucepan.
- Pour over the cake while still in the pan.
- This will soak into the cake.
- Let cake cool completely before removing from pan.