1/3 Photos of Christine's Meatball Subs
These are good, still a work in progress though. Make these and tell me what you think, thoughts and suggestions appreciated!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh onion, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 13 ounces italian pasta sauce (1/2 of a large can)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 6 -8 wheat frankfurter buns or 6 -8 submarine buns
- Italian cheese
- 1Meatballs: Combine bread crumbs and water to moisten. Add beef, cheese, egg white, oregano, onion, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix by hand until just completely combined, but do not overmix.
- 2Shape into 26 meatballs and place in foil lined, greased baking dish. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- 3Sauce: While meatballs are cooking, combine sauce, black pepper, cayenne, salt, and thyme in saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat.
- 4As soon as meatballs are done cooking turn oven onto broil. Pat off extra grease from outside of each meatball and place into saucepan with sauce. Stir and cover each meatball completely with sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Cut each bun in half, tear out inside of top of each bun and fill with 3-4 meatballs each plus sauce. Top meatballs with cheese and bottom of bun.
- 6Wrap each sandwich separately in foil and place directly on baking rack of oven. Broil for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christine's Meatball Subs
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 1043.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 29.0 g