Recipe by internetnut
This is the my first recipe I ever created. I came up with this recipe one night when trying to decided what to cook using up ground beef. My family loves this soup. This gets so thick it's like a stew so I guess you would call it a stoup it can almost be eaten with a fork it's so thick.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 ounces corn
- 14 ounces Italian stewed tomatoes
- 14 ounces peas
- 14 ounces carrots
- 14 ounces butter beans (any favorite bean)
- 6 -8 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (I use 3 different ones so use 1 tsp each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ground beef in large pot.
- Brown the ground beef and onions on medium heat (Do Not Drain) and do not shut the heat off.
- Add all the canned vegetables including the water they were packed inches.
- Add the potatoes.
- Then add the seasonings starting with 1 teaspoon each adding more to taste as I use lots of seasoning.
- Continue to cook on medium heat until the soup begins to boil.
- When the soup begins to boil turn the heat down to low and cook all day long. Stirring throughout the day to prevent sticking.
- If pressed for time this can be cooked on medium for 1 hour.
- Note: The Mrs. Dash I use is "Original Blend, Italian Medley, and Table Blend".