I love to make my BBQ chicken wings this way. My Fiancee hates when I make my chicken wings like this because the meat just falls off the bone but that's why I love them. I think these are sticky and so, so, good.
- Deep fry the chicken wings just until lightly golden and slightly crisp.
- Drain grease off.
- Place the chicken wings in the crock pot then pour the BBQ sauce over the wings stirring to coat.
- Turn the crock pot on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- When cooking is done remove the chicken wings from the crock pot and place on a cookie sheet.
- Preheat an oven to 350°.
- Coat all the chicken wings with BBQ sauce and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce on the chicken wings is sticky to the touch.
I just made these this past weekend for a party and the only complaint I got was there wasn't enough! I didn't have time to fry them first so I just put them in the crockpot and then the oven and they still came out crispy and delicious. You were absolutely right, the meat just fell off the bone. Thanks for the recipe!
I am not a fan of chicken wings due to not enough meat to make them worth while, however I had some in my freezer I wanted to use. I have to admit these were phenomenal!! I will definitely make them again, they were so easy to make. I don't eat the skin on chicken, even though I left the skin on when I cooked them the meat still had wonderful flavor due to being in the crock pot. I am very pleased with this recipe and will definitely be making it again!!