1 hr 15 mins
I came up with this rice casserole after playing around with several other recipes. My family had this for Easter dinner and loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, pieces thawed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces Cheez Whiz
- 4 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces Chicken In A Biscuit crackers, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place uncooked rice and chicken broth in a pot and cook until rice is done.
- 3While the rice is cooking place in a large baking dish broccoli pieces, onion, garlic, cream of mushroom soup, cheez whiz, mushrooms, butter, salt and pepper.
- 4When rice is finished cooking remove rice from stove and place rice in with the broccoli mixture.
- 5Mix all together until well combined.
- 6Bake for 50 minutes then remove from the oven.
- 7Top the rice casserole with crushed crackers and then shredded cheese.
- 8Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Oven Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christine's Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.2
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 1414.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chicken In A Biscuit crackers