Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this rice casserole after playing around with several other recipes. My family had this for Easter dinner and loved it.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, pieces thawed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces Cheez Whiz
- 4 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces Chicken In A Biscuit crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place uncooked rice and chicken broth in a pot and cook until rice is done.
- While the rice is cooking place in a large baking dish broccoli pieces, onion, garlic, cream of mushroom soup, cheez whiz, mushrooms, butter, salt and pepper.
- When rice is finished cooking remove rice from stove and place rice in with the broccoli mixture.
- Mix all together until well combined.
- Bake for 50 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Top the rice casserole with crushed crackers and then shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.