Recipe by internetnut
I came up with this recipe when I was craving a philly cheesesteak and I had to eat gluten free. I think the Banana Peppers and juice really sets this dish off so please try not to leave them out. In a pinch they can be left out but the dish is better with them. My family loves this recipe and thinks it taste great.
- 1⁄2 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic cloves
- 5 Steak-ums, beef sandwich thinly sliced steaks
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons banana pepper rings
- 3 tablespoons banana pepper juice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 slices provolone cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute peppers and onions in butter until tender on medium heat.
- Add garlic cloves and saute until lightly golden.
- Break steakumms into bite size pieces and fry with pepper and onion mix.
- Add pepper and salt then mix.
- Add the banana peppers and juice saute until mostly all the juice is absorbed.
- Add pre cooked rice and cook a few minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Turn off the heat top with provolone cheese and stir until melted.