Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this recipe when I had to eat Gluten Free. I bought it by accident when I thought it was like kielbasa. My family loves this recipe. My 4 yrs old nephew asks for seconds every time I make this.
- 5 -6 potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 15 ounces mild chorizo sausage (I use some from Aldi's)
- 1 cup mexican cheese (more if desired)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cake pan.
- Add the potatoes, then squeeze the chorizo out of the casting and break into bite size clumps. (This must be moist like sausage).
- Fold together till combined.
- Bake for 1/2 hour then fold again mixing to coat the potatoes and breaking up the pieces of chorizo. Return to the oven and bake another 1/2 hour.
- After baking remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese and fold until completely melted.