Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very creamy and delicious any time of the year...if you like you can always substitute seasonal fruit so it will become your families favorite too...I also have switched out the different kinds of cake mix and the pudding flavours...
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 6 ounces fresh strawberries (sliced and sweetened if desired)
- 1 (5 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding or 1 (5 ounce) box lemon pudding mix
- 6 peaches or 6 apricots, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Bake cake in a 13x9 2 inch pan as directed on the package and allow to cool.
- Cut the cake crosswise in half. Freeze half for another time, unless doubling the recipe.
- Cut the remaining half cake into 8 sections. Split each section horizontally.
- Arrange half of the cake sections in a 2 quart glass serving bowl. Set aside a few berries for decoration and layer half of the remaining strawberries over the cake and pour one cup of pudding over the berries, cover with a cup of cool whip. Repeat this layer of cake, berries,pudding and cool whip.
- Finish the top by pouring a ring of pudding around the rim of the bowl. Decorate by alternating apricot or peach halves and whole strawberries.
- Pour cool whip topping in the centre space and sprinkle slivered almonds. Chill before serving.
We used finely chopped pecans instead of almonds, and a packaged angel food cake; otherwise just as directed. This is light and moist and fluffy and sweet all at once, and everybody loved it. Made for PAC.