Recipe by Christina's Kitchen :)
Spicy and very low in fat....serve with steamed veggies and a salad for a delicious meal...fantastic in the summer...You can use a bottle chimichurri sauce, or you can use the one that I have posted...both are equally good...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks (without bones)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cilantro stems
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- cooking spray
- chimichurri sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from the steak, and set aside.
- Combine cilantro and the next 9 ingrediants in a large ziplock bag. Add steak to the bag, and seal. Marinate in refridgerator for 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from the bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare the grill.
- Place steak in grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill steak for 8 minutes on each side untill desired degree of doneness. let stand for 3 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Serve with Chimichurri sauce.