Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We like this around Christmas...The recipe serves 6 people so it is perfect for entertaining during the holidays...Serve with Garlic Mashed potatoes and green beans...
- 1 lb centre cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the roast with the olive oil untill completely coated.
- Combine the rosemary, parsley, thyme, and garlic. Cover the beef with the mixture by rubbing it inches.
- Once the beef is completely coated, season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the beef over high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Turn untill brown on all sides about 5 minutes.
- Place the skillet directly in the oven and allow the beef to roast for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.