Recipe by italiansoxgirl25
I had boiled chicken breasts the night before just to have something quick on hand, so when I came home tonight after work I thought " What can I do with these?" I just started putting some spices I had in the cabinet with some vegetables I had laying around the fridge and...POOF...something tasty to eat. Give it a try. Have fun with the recipe...If you don't have something on hand just omit it or use some other spice(s). You could add it with some pasta or even steamed rice to complete the meal. For added fiber you can add a can of your favorite beans.
- 3 chicken breasts (boiled )
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 tomatoes
- 3 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks-set aside.
- Cut onion,green pepper,tomato in halves and slice; chop carrots in small chunks ; dice garlic-set aside.
- Heat a pot with the oil on med-low heat, add chicken-stirring occasionally until chicken has a little color; add vegetables, garlic and bay leaves.
- Stir occasionally about 5-7 minutes or until the carrots become a little soft.
- Add spices and give it a good stir.
- Add water or chicken broth.
- Let simmer uncovered on med-low heat until water has evaporated-stirring occasionally.