1/6 Photos of Christina's Killer Dip
This is my sister's dip. She got the recipe while backpacking in Europe a few years ago. She is now forced to make it at every party she has. People smell it cooking and stand drooling by the oven until it comes out! (Many have not been able to wait for the cooling part and burned their mouths to get to it first). You might have to make 2 portions. **NOTE: Please CHECK the sodium content before you choose a ranch dressing mix, because it will affect the flavor! Some people have complained it is "too salty". Please also make sure you are using only a 1 ounce packet; there are other sizes from various manufacturers. Too much mix throws off the balance of flavors. My sister and I always use the Hidden Valley Ranch Original and we do not have any problems with it :) You can also substitute half the sour cream for prepared Ranch Dressing and skip the dry mix. It will come out a bit wetter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Defrost the spinach.
- 2Place it in a colander and press it until as much moisture as possible is removed.
- 3Mix all ingredients (1/2 of the cheddar), and blend well.
- 4Put it in a shallow baking dish (stoneware works best) in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- 5Remove from oven.
- 6While still hot top it with remaining cheese, heat in oven again for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove and cool below lava stage and serve.
- 8Goes well with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christina's Killer Dip
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.3
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 298.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix