Recipe by Christina's Kitchen :)
This is my favorite homemade salsa...it is quick and easy and nothing beats it with chips. It is also delicious on grilled chicken breasts or grilled fish. I know that there are a million of these recipes on here...but you must try it!!!
- 6 -8 hot house tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 -2 jalapeno
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh ground black pepper
- hot sauce (if needed)
- 2 freshly squeezed limes, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the tomatoes (Plese use a knife and cutting board, if you use a food processor it cuts them to fine and you will have salsa soup).
- Dice the red onion and jalepeno(s) adjust to taste, if you like it spicy add the seeds and use 2, if you like a mild salsa scrape out the seeds and don't use them -- we add 2 peppers seeds and all, we love it spicy!
- Finely Chop up the Fresh Cilantro, stems and all, measure out a cup. *This is a loose measurement, if you want more or less, you can add it, this is a recipe to taste*.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalepenos to a bowl, add salt and the fresh ground black pepper to taste. Add in the freshly squeezed lime juice and stir.
- Taste it and see if it is the way you like it, if it needs more of anything add it -- if you want it hotter still add some hot sauce, a couple of drops at a time.
- Once it is hot, salty or sour enough, stir well and put in the fridge untill ready to serve.