Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite homemade salsa...it is quick and easy and nothing beats it with chips. It is also delicious on grilled chicken breasts or grilled fish. I know that there are a million of these recipes on here...but you must try it!!!
- 6 -8 hot house tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 -2 jalapeno
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh ground black pepper
- hot sauce (if needed)
- 2 freshly squeezed limes, juice of
- Dice the tomatoes (Plese use a knife and cutting board, if you use a food processor it cuts them to fine and you will have salsa soup).
- Dice the red onion and jalepeno(s) adjust to taste, if you like it spicy add the seeds and use 2, if you like a mild salsa scrape out the seeds and don't use them -- we add 2 peppers seeds and all, we love it spicy!
- Finely Chop up the Fresh Cilantro, stems and all, measure out a cup. *This is a loose measurement, if you want more or less, you can add it, this is a recipe to taste*.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalepenos to a bowl, add salt and the fresh ground black pepper to taste. Add in the freshly squeezed lime juice and stir.
- Taste it and see if it is the way you like it, if it needs more of anything add it -- if you want it hotter still add some hot sauce, a couple of drops at a time.
- Once it is hot, salty or sour enough, stir well and put in the fridge untill ready to serve.
Cut the recipe in half and followed the instructions completely...soooo simple and delicious! Definately will make again. Made for PAC Orphanage 2012 tag game.
We really enjoyed this salsa...nice fresh taste...I have never made salsa before and was surprised how simple it was....made for PAC 2011 fall.