Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spicy and cooling...nothing beats the fresh taste of homemade guacamole....One of the favorites at our house!!
- 5 -6 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion
- 2 limes, freshly squeezed
- 1 -2 jalapeno
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- fresh ground pepper
- hot sauce
- Mash up avacados in a bowl, make them as smooth or as chunky as you like. (We like it fairly chunky).
- Peel and dice red onion.
- Chop up fresh Cilantro, stems and all.
- Dice jalepeno(s), de-seed if desired *Remember that the seeds give more heat* I leave them in because we love our mexican food spicy!
- Add everything into a large bowl and stir, add in salt and freshly ground black pepper to tase, add the juice of the two limes.
- Stir to combine, taste to see if it is hot, salty or sour enough, adjust to your taste, if you want more heat add the hot sauce -- once it is to your liking cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge untill you are ready to serve.
- This goes well with my salsa recipe, and tastes great with tacos, burrito's, nachos, tortilla chips or even carrot and celery sticks.
Terrific chunky guacamole! Too spicy for the real Lavender Lynn, so the DH and DS's took on the challenge and loved it. A little of the sense of a chunky salad, but very zippy even for the guys. We served it over Recipe#515715. Made for PAC spring 2014.
Very good! I added a little chopped tomatoes...made for PAC fall 2011
Holy guacamole, was this ever good! I rarely stray from my tried and true version of guac. but I thought I'd give this a shot. I'm glad I did. It's really nice for a change of pace. I especially enjoyed the red onions, jalapeno and cilantro in here. Great recipe. Thanks!