Recipe by Chef Capani
This spinach salad has a fruity dressing with a warm goat cheese topping!
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This is one terrific spinach salad, it has wonderful flavor and the goat cheese is great. The one change I made is I am allergic to strawberries, so we sustituted raspberries, but it was great.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 pint strawberry, cleaned and sliced divided
- 2 1⁄4 ounces pine nuts, toasted divided
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, julienned (optional)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, divided into 1 oz portions
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (or substitue regular)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar (or red wine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Form the 4, 1 oz portions of goat cheese into patties. Grind half of the pine nuts and mix with breadcrumbs, chives, salt and pepper on a plate. Coat the goat cheese in the breadcrumb mixture (press firmly).
- Place half of the strawberries in a food processor and blend until pureed.
- In a small saucepan add oil and heat over medium to low heat. Whisk in vinegar, honey, and pureed strawberries. Season with salt and pepper. Turn heat to low (dressing can be served cold, but whisk it before tossing!).
- Place goat cheese in the oven for about 5 minutes until they are warmed. Meanwhile --
- Place spinach, remainder of sliced strawberries, jicama, and remainder of pine nuts in a bowl. Toss with warmed dressing.
- Divide into four equal portions and top with warmed goat cheese. Enjoy!