Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was pondering what to cook one night and a recipe landed in my thoughts. I gave it a try and it a family favorite now. This chicken is moist and crispy and makes GREAT chicken sandwiches the next day. It's a little messy but it soooo worth it!!
- 6 -12 chicken legs
- 2 -4 cups peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2-3 cups flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 1⁄2-3 cups mozzarella sun-dried tomato crackers
- 6 eggs
- I use three plates.
- Put chicken on a large plate or bowl and cover with about 1/2 - 1 cup of peanut oil.
- Crush crackers with your hand so it's not too crushed and mix together on plate or in a bowl with seasoned salt, pepperika, and flour.
- Beat eggs and put in seperate plate or bowl.
- Take the chicken leg and cover it with peanut oil.
- place oil covered leg in cracker mixture and cover it with the mixture.
- Then place the peice in eggs and cover it then back into cracker mixture.
- Finish it by covering it again in peanut oil.
- Place the finished peice on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat for all other pieces of chicken leg - You may have to make more cracker mixture and pour more oil depending on how much you like to coat your chicken.
- Bake in over at 350 for about 45 minutes. comes out crispy and moist.