1/1 Photo of Christina Marsigliese's Gluten-Free Chocolate Velvet Brownies
I was watching Steven & Chris on CBC today and Christina Marsigliese (www.christinamarsigliese.com) was on the show making these brownies. They look absolutely delicious, chewy, fudgy, and best of all for a gluten free recipe they use ingredients anyone would have in their pantry. I learned something new about chocolate while watching this episode as well. This recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa solids), you can sub semisweet (54% cocoa solids), but should not go to an unsweetened chocolate. The chemistry of the recipe is dependant on the amount of cocoa butter in the chocolate, if you sub a chocolate with a much higher percentage of cocoa solids your recipe may not turn out. Make sure not to overbake these brownies. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownies should come out with some moist crumbs stuck to it. I have not made these yet, but do intend to try them myself. Source: http://www.christinamarsigliese.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line an 8" square pan with parchment, leave a 2" overhang at each end, butter sides of pan.
- 2Melt chocolate & butter in a double boiler, or microwave.
- 3Stir in sugar & salt.
- 4Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- 5Sift cornstarch, cocoa & baking powder together.
- 6Stir vanilla & eggs, 1 at a time, into cooled chocolate mixture, until well combined.
- 7Stir dry ingredients into chocolate mixture, till smooth.
- 8Pour batter into pan.
- 9Bake at 325 for abut 25 minutes. Brownies shoudl be slightly puffed, shiny & cracked.
- 10Cool on wire rack.
- 11Chill in fridge at least 1 hour before cutting.
- 12Dust with icing/powdered sugar to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...
Nutritional Facts for Christina Marsigliese's Gluten-Free Chocolate Velvet Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 89.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g