This has been a firm favourite of mine since I was a little girl. This recipe is from a New Zealander ( "kiwi" ) so the measurements are not standard US ones. 500 grams is roughly a pound. 1 cup is 250ml. Garlic, Salt and Pepper are to taste. I make the meatballs about the size of a walnut.
- Mix mince, onion, breadcrumbs, ketchup, eggs, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt and pepper together.
- Shape into balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown the meatballs and the garlic.
- Combine the tomato sauce and water and add to frying pan.
- Cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti noodles.
- Serve garnished with cheese and parsley.