Recipe by SusieQusie
A personal favorite of mine (the casserole; not Christie) that's easy to make and tastes wonderful if you're an onion lover.
Top Review by DoveChocolatierinKY
This was very good. Interesting way to use Onions. I used a type of sweet onion I've never had before, and it was nice. The texture was a bit hardier than I am used to. Next time I will try Peruvian Sweet Onions and see how it varies. It may be so much better I give this recipe more stars! Thanks. :)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 medium sweet onions, peeled and cut into 8ths
- 3 3⁄4 ounces potato chips, crushed
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large pot, cover onions with water. Bring to a boil and cook until onions are just crisp tender, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Layer onion pieces, potato chips and cheese in prepared dish, beginning with onions & ending with cheese.
- Mix soup and milk together. Stir in cayenne pepper. Pour soup mixture over the top of the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until onions are completely tender.