Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
The Christie Cookie Company is another wonderful Nashville company. These are the most amazing cookies ever.
- 473.18 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 2 (680.38 g) bag chocolate chips (best quality)
- 340.19 g bag toffee pieces
- 709.77 ml pecans (or walnuts coarsely chopped)
- 1064.65 ml oatmeal (finely ground to 4 cups)
- 946.36 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 198.44 g Hershey Bars, finely grated
- Place oatmeal in food processor, grind until a fine powder.
- Grate Hershey bar.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
- Slowly mix Hershey bar into sugar mixture.
- Add flour and oatmeal 1 cup at a time, alternating until all is incorporated.
- Stir in Heath Bits, Chocolate Chips, and nuts.
- Roll into to one inch balls, or use cookie scoop. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cookies should still be slightly underdone.
- Move to wax paper lined counter to cool, do not use wire racks.
- VARIATION: Substitute white chocolate chips for chocolate and Macadamia nuts for pecans.
- VARIATION: Omit grated Hershey bar, add one teaspoon cinnamon and substitute raisins for the chocolate chips.
I made these and halved the recipe, it made 36 medium sized cookies. A large bowl is needed and a strong arm! We do not have toffee chips here in Australia, so I added 200g (about 8 ounces) of diced jersey caramels instead. Although not the best option, it is all I could think of. A great blend of flavours, just wish I had access to all the ingredients! My four children and husband loved them. Note - don't eat while hot! The caramel is VERY hot!!! Be patient and wait, your mouth will thank you.
These are excellent cookies! Not exactly Christie Cookies but very good anyway. I split the recipe and made half chocolate chip and half oatmeal. I will definitely try the white chocolate version and maybe try putting Peanut butter chips in the chocolate chip cookies.