Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Christian, a sixth grader, developed and baked this muffin recipe. When served warm, these muffins taste like a vegetarian pizza.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground hot air popped corn
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sargento shredded Italian cheese
- 3 -4 ounces finely chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Sift flour, measure and sift with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk, popped corn, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir in cheese, mushrooms, ripe olives, and spices.
- Fill well-oiled muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (435 F) for 20 minutes, serve warm.
- Makes 12 regular sized muffins.