Recipe by Chef Shadows
SOURCE CHRISTIANA CAMPBELL'S TAVERN - Williamsburg, VA 18TH CENTURY Times are approximations.
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 6 ounces unflavored gelatin, 1 packet
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- unsweetened chocolate
- 2 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a crumb crust (below).
- Soften the gelatin in 1/2 cup of cold water. Place over low heat and bring almost to a boil, stirring to dissolve. Beat the egg yolks and sugar until very light. Stir the gelatin into the egg mixture. Cool. Gradually add the rum, beating constantly. Whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks and fold it into gelatin mixture. Cool until the mixture begins to set, then spoon it into the crumb crust and chill until firm enough to cut. Grate the unsweetened chocolate over the top before serving.
- Crumb Crust.
- Combine the ingredients and press into a 9-inch pie pan.