Recipe by Ferrety
This is my chili recipe that won our little manager's chili cook-off. It is VERY spicy with a nice slow burn. Can be made in a crock pot and simmered overnight or on the stove and finished in an hour.
- 3 lbs chili-style ground beef
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 jalapenos, minced w/ seeds (Or to taste)
- 4 red serranos, minced w/ seeds (Or to taste)
- 2 cups bell peppers, chopped fine
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (Or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (Or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white pepper (Or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 -4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat with garlic, onion& salt in a large pot.
- Add parsley, jalapeno& serranos.
- Add dried spices/boullion and stir well.
- Mix in tomato paste and water.
- Simmer for several minutes then stir in the can of refried beans (if there are any whole beans, run beans through a food processor or blender so none appear present in the chili).
- Continue to simmer for 30-45 minutes.