Good old down home cookin' YUM YUM (crock pot style)
Make and share this Chrissy's Crock Pot BBQ Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Remove any excess skin or fat from chicken breasts.
- Cut chicken into slices.
- Place in a skillet and cook until the pink is gone.
- Put cooked chicken in the crock pot and pour BBQ sauce over and mix.
- Use as much or as little sauce as you like.
- I usually just pour the whole bottle in there.
- Cook on"low" for 6-8 hours or"high" for 3-5.
- It tastes better when cooked longer.
- The chicken really soaks up the sauce.
- Serve with corn bread, fried tators& onions and a salad (for those of you who just HAVE to have something green).
- YUM YUM.
I tried this and it was wonderful,my daughter dont like chicken but she ate this right up.keep up the good work.
I really loved this recipe, it was especially good after sitting in the frig for a few days!
I was extremely disappointed in the way this turned out. I followed the recipe, cooking for 7 hours on low and ended up with extremely dry chicken with the outer peices burnt. I am not sure if my crockpot may be hotter than the one used in the original recipe or not. I suspect though that if the chicken were not pre-cooked it would come out just fine.