Peppermint Shannon's Note:
My friend Chrissy is famous for this Baked Brie. I made it for the first time this year at Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute 1 stick of butter in a pan with 1 medium white onion sliced into thin slivers.
- 2Add sugar by the tablespoon to caramelize once onion gets rolling (starts to get cooked, etc.) I likely add 3 tablespoons and sometimes a bit more butter to get a good consistency, a bit sticky, not too thin.
- 3Add walnuts as you caramelize.
- 4Layer deeper pie pan or circle dutch oven with Crescent rolls. (To make a sheet to wrap up the brie later). I normally buy another package of crescent rolls to have 4 more triangles to work with to make it look pretty.
- 5Cut brie circle in half across the circle so that you get two circles.
- 6Place bottom circle on crescent roll layer, spread raspberry/strawberry/apricot jam to cover circle, then half of caramelized walnut/onion mixture.
- 7Place second brie circle and layer again.
- 8Pull triangle folds over brie/jam/onion layers to create a pie look.
- 9Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes at least.
- 10Crescent roll should turn golden brown and brie inside should get gooey (might even burst out but that's ok and very tasty!).
- 11Serve over big & sturdy crackers or french bread -- Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chrissy's Baked Brie
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 263.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: