Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend, Chrissi made these while on a girl's weekend and they were fantastic. Rich, delicious "crust" filled with just enough pecan filling so it's not the large mouthful of a pecan pie slice. Simple to make--this ones a real winner.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or other nut if desired)
- Dough: Combine ingredients. Roll dough into balls and press into mini muffin tins. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Filling: Combine all ingredients.
- Fill dough in muffin tins 3/4 of the way with filling - DO NOT OVERFILL to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Enjoy.
The problem I had with these was that the filling was to dry. the crust was buttery and flakey and perfect but the inside ended up chewey. I think perhaps adding some extra butter might help? Or corn syrup for some of the sugar? I'm sorry for the low review!