Recipe by Mom.2.Three
My husband, Chris, lived in Germany and came up with his own version of a Reuben sandwich. Just adjust the ingredients to your own preferences! The horseradish gives a special "kick" of it's own! We prefer the Sarah Lee multi-grain/dark bread for this sandwich. The trick to this sandwich is using all fresh ingredients (fresh sliced deli meat and provolone etc.) Yummy!
Top Review by Seashorewalker
Oh my goodness this has got to be the best sandwich I have ever had! The combination of everything is perfect. My husband insisted I make him a 2nd sandwich and kept repeating "oh, this is sooo good!" It was my first time eating anything with sauerkraut and I was amazed at how perfectly all the ingredients blended together. This will be a regular in our house now! Many thanks for posting!
- 2 slices multi-grain bread or 2 slices rye bread
- 1 slice corned beef
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- Dijon mustard
- horseradish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread one slice of bread with horseradish, adjusting for the "hotness" you prefer.
- Spread Dijon mustard on the remaining slice of bread.
- On horseradish slice of bread add the sauerkraut (to taste).
- On Dijon slice, add corned beef and provolone slices.
- Toast both sides of sandwich (open faced) in the oven for 5-10 min -- watching carefully.
- Put sandwich together and enjoy!