My husband, Chris, lived in Germany and came up with his own version of a Reuben sandwich. Just adjust the ingredients to your own preferences! The horseradish gives a special "kick" of it's own! We prefer the Sarah Lee multi-grain/dark bread for this sandwich. The trick to this sandwich is using all fresh ingredients (fresh sliced deli meat and provolone etc.) Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread one slice of bread with horseradish, adjusting for the "hotness" you prefer.
- 2Spread Dijon mustard on the remaining slice of bread.
- 3On horseradish slice of bread add the sauerkraut (to taste).
- 4On Dijon slice, add corned beef and provolone slices.
- 5Toast both sides of sandwich (open faced) in the oven for 5-10 min -- watching carefully.
- 6Put sandwich together and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chris's Reuben Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.0
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 878.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 18.7 g