Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Makes a great sauce for chicken. You can eat it alone as a dip or add ground beef for tacos. Add 1 block of Velveeta cheese for a wild chees dip. For a great pasta sauce substitute Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes for the Mexican style. This sauce has alot more uses the rsults are up to you.
- 15 banana peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 12 ounces fresh diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 fresh cayenne peppers, seeded & ringed (optional) or 4 habaneros, for a wilder mix (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan.
- Add peppers, cook for 10 minute.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and salt & pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minute.
- Add butter and heat until desired texture is achieved.
- Cool and put in a canning jar.